Re: Debian 2.1 release area at www.debian.org

Ian> Comments on i386 docs - hope they help. I unfortunately don't
Ian> have access to the sources while typing this, so can't send you a
Ian> diff.

Everything not commented on was added.

Ian> Para 2. Isn't Stampede already out with glibc2.1?

Rather than plug stampede, I changed the claim to say "first major
distribution", since stampede != major.

Ian> 2.3 para 2. Is this true? I've replaced netstd remotely many
Ian> times - it doesn't kill off running telnetds, only inetd.

I dunno.  Maybe it's true if installing from hamm...

Ian> 3.3 Dialup? Is that really one? And isn't Work_std more than just
Ian> stripped-down?

I made up some of these... I think this one is real, however.

Ian> fdisk.txt^,^ cfdisk.txt

If you look at the SGML, you can see why I didn't do this.

Ian> Overall: Check i.e. doesn't mean e.g. (i.e. is not a full list
Ian> but a set of examples) I couldn't be sure on some.

Wow, I've been misusing 'i.e.,' definately.

Ian> 7.12 I never told my system about NFS or psaux and it all loaded
Ian> automatically. You just need the Ethernet card.

Wow, I didn't know that.

Ian> 7.13 Even on a laptop I think it's still eth0.

No, if you are using PCMCIA you should select 'pcmcia'.

Ian> I'll be passing this doc to our compnay IS staff to do
Ian> installations from, so I thought I'd read it through and couldn't
Ian> help noticing a few typos.  It's a great document though, and has
Ian> saved me lots of effort.

Thanks for the kind words and the many corrections.  They are now
integrated.  I would have done them sooner but they weren't patches.