Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies aph

CVSROOT:	/debian/home/sr1/lib/cvs
Module name:	boot-floppies
Changes by:	aph	99/03/06 13:00:01

Modified files:
	documentation  : install.sgml

Log message:
<sect id="supported-peripherals">Peripherals and Other Hardware
-- add an ID tag
<sect1 id="boot-dev-select">Boot Device Selection
-- sparc: talk a bit about device names in older OpenBoot revs
<sect1>Partitioning from SunOS
-- fill in, recommend first partitioning from SunOS
<sect1>TFTP Installation for Low-Memory Systems
-- correct name for kernel to zcat; make this a sparc-only section;
if anyone can update me on m68k support (if any) for this, please do
<sect id="boot-from-floppies">Booting from Floppies
-- sparc: note floppy boot doesn't seem to be supported on Sun4u
<sect>&MSG-INITIALIZE-SWAP;
-- sparc: text about bug #34072
<sect id="install-os">&MSG-INSTALL-OS;
-- describe NFS installation option, not just for diskless capable arches
<sect>&MSG-DISK-BOOT;
-- note for nfsroot, not asked; support-nfsroot: trim down; caveat the hell
out of multiple machine booting, because we can't *hope* to document that
here; provide URL pointers to more info about lilo and silo; in short,
rewrite the whole section!
<sect id="rescue-replace-kernel">Replacing the &RESCUE-FLOPPY; Kernel
-- talk about replacing modules.tgz also