Re: Releasing Slink
- To: Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>
- Cc: Johnie Ingram <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wichert Akkerman <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Philip Hands <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Brian White <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Releasing Slink
- From: Steve Dunham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 06 Mar 1999 11:29:40 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Steve McIntyre's message of "Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:28:57 +0000 (GMT)"
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.95.990302150614.404Ofirstname.lastname@example.org>
Steve McIntyre <email@example.com> writes:
> The slink release has been a mess, culminating in a last-minute "sorry, we
> missed it again" announcement. If we're going to release properly next
> Tuesday at 00:00 GMT, then we need a schedule like the following:
> 1. Fixes needed for each set allowed in Tue, Wed, Thu and then _no more
> uploads_ for any reason. At all. None.
Sparc is slightly broken. A new console-tools was uploaded Wednesday,
dinstall, as usual, deleted the old binary-all "console-tools-data"
package, breaking console-tools on the sparc. I didn't notice this
until I ran slink_cd late friday night.
I've uploaded a sparc binary for the console-tools that is currently
in slink (for all of the other architectures.)
So, when do you want a CD image. Assuming the other archs have
stopped uploading new stuff, the last thing we _need_ for sparc is for
console-tools to be installed from incoming into the distribution.
Now depending on how rushed we are for time, I can merge this into my
mirror manually and generate the CD images, or I can wait till it is
installed on master and then rsync and generate the CD images.
(Assuming that dinstall picks it up today, it will be 1800 EST or
later - dinstall runs at 1500 EST and "masterfiles", a long process,
runs after dinstall is done.)