Re: Missing packages for alpha

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> latest run of slink_cd gave the following:

> Failed:
>    Package: emacs20-el
>       emacs20(= 20.3-7)

We couldn't get emacs20 to compile again after -5.  I believe it's an egcs
issue, but I could never track it down.  If we could somehow revert to an
earlier emacs20-el for Alpha, it would solve this until we can figure out
what's going on with emacs20 and egcs.

FYI, I do consider this instance a prime example of the occasional evils
of using arch-independent packages getting automatically installed across
all archs.  I'm beginning to wonder if we can somehow change this so that
each arch can handle it's own uploads in that regard (at least with
arch-indep packages that are normally uploaded with a binary-arch
package).

>    Package: libapache-mod-perl
>       apache-common(<< 1.3.3-0)
>    Package: xbase
>       xlib6g(>= 3.3.2.3a-11)
>       xlib6g-dev(>= 3.3.2.3a-11)

These should be satisfied within the archive sometime today, if I
understand correctly.

> Unknown:
>    Package: boot-floppies
>       libc6-pic
>    Package: gnome-utils
>       libgtop0(>= 0.26.2-1)
>    Package: gnurobots
>       libguile3(>= 1:1.3-4)
>    Package: gstep-base-examples
>       gstep-base-dev(= 0.5.0.981229-1)
>    Package: mctools-lite
>       xpm4(>= 3.4j-0)
>    Package: wine-doc
>       wine
>    Package: xlockmore-gl
>       mesag2(>= 2.6)
> 11 Critical errors encountered. Exiting.

These should be fine and in master, if memory serves me correctly.

> wine/wine-doc is a problem all over, I'm ignoring it for now.

Wine will not run on Alphas, period....at least not without em86 (hasn't
been tested AFAIK).  Again, this is another arch-indep package that really
shouldn't have been installed into other arch dirs.