Re: another preselections issue

On Wednesday 3 March 1999, at 2 h 42, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> Select 'minimal X11' task
> run dselect, update, install
> get error about unmet dependancies:
>   mc: Depends:libpam0g Depends:libpwdb0g

This is a neverending task! How can we say that we release slink for four
architectures when perfectly portable packages, not arch-specific in any way,
exist only for some architectures of slink? The "master" file has now more
conditionals than real lines. We lie when we say that Debian runs on several
processors.

New version for Sparc committed. Many packages excluded for the Sparc.

It is still not perfect because some packages in the Sparc still depend on
hamm stuff (e.g. xbase).