Re: CDs and apt (upgrading or otherwise)

Jason> On 2 Mar 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

>> One more question -- the upgrading instructions talk about using
>> apt inconjunction with the CD-ROMs for upgrading.  How would one do
>> this?  Assuming sources.list is setup properly, just feed in the
>> CDs sequentially (1, 2, and 5), each time, saying 'apt-get update ;
>> apt-get dist-upgrade' ?

Jason> That is one possibility.. It may not get all packages though
Jason> (depends entirely on the CD layout) :|

Is 'dist-upgrade' the right thing here?

>From what I hear, the CD is layed out so that CD 1 can stand alone
(main), and CD 2 in conjunction with CD 1 can stand alone (main +
contrib) excepting a few unmet non-us/non-free dependancies, and CD
5+2+1 (5 is the unofficial non-us/non-free I think?) completes it.