Re: version 2.1.8 committed, tagged and uploaded

Adam Di Carlo writes:

>Well, we will definately need a 2.1.9, if only for documentation
>updates.  This is probably a bit less critical, however, since,
>alternatively, we can say "go to www.debian.org" for newest docs, for
>instance.
>
>i386 docs are pretty good shape but I'm not happy about the LILO
>instructions.  In the last 25% of the document there probably are a
>few problems I didn't catch.
>
>M68k just had a major patch from Michael (post 2.1.8) -- they are
>definately in the best shape of the different platforms.  Post
>installation booting and other stuff from chapter 6 on needs work, I
>imagine.
>
>I just got a big comment from Eric on the Sparc stuff; that still has
>a *long* way to go.  Need to document SILO, and a lot of the basics
>for sparc.
>
>Winning the record for farthest from done is the Alpha version, where
>we have to document SRM, MILO, etc etc etc etc!!

Eeek! If it comes to the crunch, any extra docs updates could go into
slink_cd if it makes life easier; we can patch the install docs quite
easily...

Or if we do a 2.1.9, the last-disc-first multicd thing would be lovely...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------