Re: slink_cd: still waiting on final boot/install setup

On Thu 25 Feb 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Loic Prylli wrote:
> > I think it is better for our users if this Beta status appears in the
> > annoucement.
>
> Maybe a remark like `this is the first official release of Debian
> GNU/Linux for the alpha architecture. Although it has not reached the
> stability of our i386 and m68k versions yet, it is a stable system.'

   "This is the first official release of Debian GNU/Linux for the alpha
    architecture. We feel that it has proven itself sufficiently to be
    released. However, because it has not had the exposure (and hence
    testing by users) that our i386 and m68k versions have had, you may
    encounter a few bugs. Use our bug tracking system to report any
    problems; make sure to mention the fact that the bug is on the alpha
    platform."

Or maybe that's a bit verbose?

Paul Slootman
--