Re: Graphical install disks Ben Pfaff is doing

Vincent Renardias <vincent@ldsol.com> writes:

   On 22 Feb 1999, Ben Pfaff wrote:

   > Edward Betts <edward@hairnet.demon.co.uk> writes:
   >=20
   >    I suppose we need a framebuffer version of cfdisk. Now that WOULD be a=
    fun
   >    thing to have.
   >=20
   > I'm actually thinking about somehow working in fsresize, to make it
   > more like Partition Magic.

   For being the debian maintainer of both cfdisk and fsresize, I can tell
   the cfdisk maintainer will probably not accept patches to integrate
   something like fsresize in cfdisk...
   But nothing prevents us to fork a version for our bootdisks.

That's what I planned to do, anyway.  I figured the upstream
maintainer wouldn't be interested.

It might end up being based on sfdisk instead, actually; that way the
UI can be separated from the disk-editing code.
--
"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."
--Ovid (43 BC-18 AD)