Re: Thinkpad 380Z

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 07:44:19PM -0500, Matthew Tebbens wrote:

> > For one, the newest boot-floppies are 2.1.6, not 2.1.5.
> > For two, you should try the tecra images.
> >
> > Let us know if that doesn't work for you.
> >
> > --
> > .....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>
>

> Thinkpad 380Z (2635JGU) Pentium II300a 96MB ram (97728) 4GB HD CD floppy.
>
> Ok, I just grabbed the latest and they still don't work.
>
> 2.1.7-1999-02-11
> -----------------
> resc1440:
> root.bin......
> linux......
> dies here, no messages
>
> resc1440tecra:
> root.bin......
> linux......
> A20 gating failed
>
> I am willing to try any test/debugging disk, or anything else to get these
> Thinkpads working with Debian.

There are two packages that may be playing tricks with the A20 gate,
syslinux and the kernel. May you try using a custom kernel? There's a
README file on both rescue floppies that explains what's needed.
Or I may build a test disk for you if you wish.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es