RE: ThinkPad 770

[cc me as i'm not on the debian-boot list]

> From: Adam Di Carlo
>
> Herbert, I don't know exactly what Fabrizio did, but his set of
> thinkpad-ready floppies seem to fix the 'A20 gating' problems for
> thinkpad users.  I hope you will get a chance to check out what
> Fabrizio did and see whether (a) we can merge his work in with the
> tecra floppies, or alternatively, provide a third set of root/boot
> disks.

I have just run a complete check of the 2.1.7 disk set:

resc1440.bin		hangs after "loading linux"
resc1440-safe.bin		hangs after "loading linux"
resc1440tecra.bin		gives "A20 gating failed"
resc1440tecra-safe.bin	gives "A20 gating failed"

I don't know what the "-safe" is for, but for Thinkpads I suppose the
solution is to superate A20 need by using a slim kernel, below the 640k .

On a separate message I can send you the .config file I used to build that
kernel.
What I don't know is if this solution can solve also the tecra problem or
not.

fab