Re: We're in trouble... again

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> writes:

> > AFAICS a 3 floppy system would be a real problem if we want to do bootable
> > CDs...
>
> Can't you do 2.88MB bootable CD's?  If not, BIOSes suck even more than I
> thought.

El Torito defines 2.88MB, but last round people claimed that this will
only work when your BIOS (the floppy-releated part, not the CD
booting) supports 2.88MB floppies. OTOH even my old 486 board supports
such floppies. I guess someone should try it. But even if someone
succeeds this is too unsafe for the upcomong release ...

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@sax.de>		http://www.sax.de/~sr1/