Re: Translation into Spanish

On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 20:33:28 +0100, Juan Gascon Gonzalez <jgascon@mundivia.es> said:

> Hi to everybody I am going to install the Debian distribution in my
> PC, so I visited your WWW site to look for the install guide.  I am
> also taking part in a Linux project called LuCas (LinUx en
> CAStellano<->Linux in Spanish) dedicated to translate all the Linux
> FAQ and HOWTO's into Spanish, so I thought that, probably, it would
> be a good idea to translate the HTML document that guides the Debian
> 2.0 instalation for x86. Although Debian is GNU licensed like your
> document is, I do not know if the GNU license allows to translate
> the document into other language, so I decided to ask you for the
> aproval for the translation.  If you aprove it, I will begin to
> translate it as soon as you agree.  Thanks a lot to be out there

Definately, the GPL gives you the right to make and distribute a
translation; there are no issues there.

However, for the sake of the overall quality of documentation and for
the benefit of Spanish-speaking Debian users, we ask that translators
work together, and coordinate their efforts.

Currently, the following people are already well-underway on a
translation of the Spanish version of that document.

	        Enrique Zanardi <ezanard@debian.org>
		Tinguaro Barreno <tbarreno@debian.org>
		Pedro Gracia <pedro@id-agora.com>

I believe they correspond with each other on the debian-es mail list.