Re: 2.1.6 install OK except for X

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 02:13:03PM -0500, Brian Mays wrote:
> Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> wrote:
>
> > About fgrep, it's not on the rescue floppy (and there aren't 75 KB
> > left to put it in). As we install sed from the drivers disk before
> > configuring PCMCIA, would it be enough if we "emulate" fgrep using:
>
> > R=$1 ; shift ; sed /$R/P -n "$@"
>
> > ? (We've had that before, to emulate plain grep).
>
> The PCMCIA network scripts needs the following type of fgrep
> invocations:
>
> fgrep (w/o flags), fgrep -v, and fgrep -q

OK, I guess:

        R="$1"
        shift
        if [ $R = "-q" ]; then
                R="$1"
                shift
                O=$(sed /$R/P -n "$@")
                if [ -z "$O" ]; then
                        exit 1;
                fi
        elif [ $R = "-v" ]; then
                R="$1"
                shift
                sed /$R/\!P -n "$@"
        else
                sed /$R/P -n "$@"
        fi

is enough, isn't it?

> > About "card services release does not match". I don't know what does
> > that mean. Brian?
>
> Check that the pcmcia-modules package and pcmcia-cs have the same
> version number.  It sounds like they do not.  From what I can tell,
> that message occurs when the cardmgr daemon checks the version number
> of the PCMCIA module and it doesn't match.

Yes, you're right. I used pcmcia-cs from Incoming, but pcmcia-modules
from slink... That'll be fixed on boot-floppies_2.1.7.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es