Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies delaunay

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> On 31 Jan 1999 22:11:13 -0000, delaunay@master.debian.org said:
> > Log message: Sparc versions of debian.txt & readme.txt.  Need to be
> > translated.
>
> Is *anyone* working on user documentation for diskless installation in
> the Install Manual?

Don't know.  I'm afraid I don't have time right now because I'm busy working
on releasing new bootdisks & making sparc cdroms available. Sorry.

> Does diskless only work on sparc?  If so, why?
>
> As I read it, sparc supports the following installation methods.
>
>  * tftp boot, nfs installation (why is this sparc specific?)
>  * tftp + nfsroot diskless installation (why is this sparc specific?)
>  * floppy
>  * cdrom

They seem to be dedicated to sparc because I only work on that architecture.
I got messages from Nick Holgate <holgate@debian.org> who is working on adding
these features to i386 arch.

> What about installation from a SunOS partition?  Isn't that possible?

I'm afraid not.  I din't work on that part.  BTW I don't think it is really
important regarding other methods available.

> BTW, the Sparc release notes are of quite a high quality.  I'll try to
> fold that in right now.

They are a bit out of date regarding the bug list because I did'nt have time
to update them.

Regards.