Martin Schulze: Re: FW: dpkg_multicd_0.13 and boot-disks 2.1.6 still broken..

--- Begin Message ---
Jim Westveer wrote:
> FYI......

Can you please check the source of dpkg-multicd?   I remember that I
removed the restriction that only the first two words as cd identifier
were recognized.

I wonder why I received the same report from another person already...

> 4.  When I checked the /dev/loop?  none were found...not that it
> 	may matter much, I think dpkg-multicd_0.13 is not using them
> 	now.

It is, but only if one uses /foo/bar/cd.img which isn't a block
device.  In that case it would try to mount it via loopback.

> 5.  I could install a rudimentary system by selecting the
> 	old "cdrom" installation method...
>
> This information may be incorrect if I goofed up the download of
> the new boot-disks....although a quick glance at the CDROM shows
> the correct (new) files.
>
> Anyhoooo....thanks and goodnight....off to drink beer with my woman.
>
> Jim
> So far, no one has been killed in a computer crash.
> Jim Westveer ------------- jwest@netnw.com
> phone -------------------- 425-392-0141
> http://www.netnw.com
> http://www.linux-cd.com/gif/box-debian.gif