Re: CVS access

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 11:12:08 +0300, Michael Sobolev <mss@transas.com> said:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 07:13:00PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> Right now we're restricted to enabling access only for people with
>> accounts on master.debian.org, i.e., Debian developers.

> I see.

Pretty soon, i.e., after we have slink boot-floppies basically wrapped
up, we'll be moving our cvs to the more standard cvs.debian.org.  Then
I think we'll be able to give out more access, i.e., anonymous access
(and you could submit patches here) or access to non-developers.

>> Otherwise, you can use the boot-floppies package.  If you want a
>> really up-to-date copy, one of us could maybe put a tarball up of
>> it on www.debian.org (nightly) or something; let me know.

> This may be of some use, but if the only reason is me, I'd wait till
> my work (see below) is finished.

Well, that's cool.  I would rather not have to setup some hack to work
around a temporary problem (i.e., that we're not on the proper cvs
server, cvs.debian.org).

>> Btw, what are you planning?

> I am trying to translate the messages to Russian.  (Actually, me and
> a friend of mine.)

> BTW, it uses koi8-r charset.  Does it mean any [additional]
> problems?

Unsure.