Re: Announce (and question): Masquerading PPP server based on Debian

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 09:05:34AM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Since last Saturday, I've designed and implemented a system based on
> Debian GNU/Linux that's specialized for one thing: acting as a
> masquerading PPP server, with automatic connect and disconnect, for a
> small LAN.  The main things I've done are:

How about the Linux Router Project?

> The main reason I don't just submit it as a package is that its `base
> system' is 68 MB, which seems excessive for the main debian servers,

The Linux Router Project produces One Floppy Sytems :) Of course not as
featurefull as your System.

> Have there been other `Debian-based' systems like this in the past?
> What have they done?

There is Debwall... The Debian Firewall Base. BTW: its a Script to generate
the base instead of a package containing the base...

Greetings
Bernd