Re: notes on apt for boot-floppies -- defaults not quite right!

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.990107222620.440G-100000@wakko> you wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
>> The apt defaults for where to install from, on the boot floppies, is
>> not quite right. I offers llug.sep.bnl.gov as the default -- shouldn't
>> it use http.us.debian.org?  This is round-robin and more default!
>
>When I installed with the boot floopies [The late december ones] I belive
>it was http.us, the 1.8/1.9 versions certainly have http.us defaulted.

It's possible that the /etc/apt/sources.list ships with http.us.debian.org,
but in dselect, when picking the 'apt' acquisition method and reconfiguring
/etc/apt/sources.list, it *definately* defaults to llug!

This was with boot-floppies 2.1.4 (newest).