Re: slink_cd v 0.98

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

>On Tuesday 5 January 1999, at 17 h 7,
>Steve McIntyre <smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> >My name and address is in
>> >$BOOT-FLOPPIES/scripts/basedisks/master2files/README
>> >since 2.1.3.
>>
>> OK, thanks. That was the pointer I needed. Apologies for annoying you with
>> this -
>
>No problem, it ws not obvious that the files were generated from something in
>another directory... and that it was "master2files".
>
>So, if you have comments, questions or requests about the selection of tasks
>or profiles, email me (but you can also ask debian-boot@lists.debian.org which
>is here for that).

OK, thanks. I do have a couple more questions:

I see a fair number of the suggested combinations contain "Priority:extra"
packages while other optional packages are not covered. To me, this would
suggest that these extra packages should be elevated to optional at
least...?

Has any work been done on equivalent package selections for non-i386
architectures?

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------