Re: BIDI Status in Debina Installer

It is really up to Alastair... but here are the files that I sent him already.

the ar.po is main menue file.

Hope this helps.

Anmar

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Anmar Oueja (anmar@canada.com):

Hello Alastair:

Sorry to hear you wor sick. I feel guilty for sending you soo many emails. I hope you and the family are better now.

Please make sure you checkin the files that I sent you so I can start testing the daily builts. BTW, you have to have the languagechooser langlist file updated with the arabic option otherwise I can not activate the arabic language and not be able to continue the test.

Maybe the arabic translations and the languagechooser entry could
already be commited in the CVS (before Alastair' changes for bidi) ?

If Alastair has few time, we should maybe save his time for coding
work.
Thus, I offer to do the commits if that may help. I have time today
and tomorrow for this.

#
# This is the complete list of languages (locales) to choose from.
#
#Language [(Region/Country)];locale;langcode;countrycode;langlist
# (languages marked #X need updated translations)
Arabic;ar_SY;ar;SY
Bosnian;bs_BA;bs;BA;bs_BA:bs:en_GB:en
Catalan;ca_ES;ca;ES;
Chinese (Simplified);zh_CN;zh;CN;
Chinese (Traditional);zh_TW;zh;TW;
#X Croatian;hr_HR;hr;HR;
Czech;cs_CZ;cs;CZ;
Danish;da_DK;da;DK;
Dutch (Belgium);nl_BE@euro;nl;BE;nl_BE:nl:en_GB:en
Dutch (The Netherlands);nl_NL@euro;nl;NL;nl_NL:nl:en_GB:en
English (Australia);en_AU;en;AU;
English (India);en_IN;en;IN;
English (USA);en_US;en;US;
English (United Kingdom);en_GB;en;GB;
English (Ireland);en_IE;en;IE;
Esperanto;eo_EO;eo;;
Finnish;fi_FI@euro;fi;FI;fi:se
French (Belgium);fr_BE@euro;fr;BE;fr_BE:fr:NL_BE@euro;NL_BE:nl:en_GB:en
French (Canada);fr_CA;fr;CA;
French (France);fr_FR@euro;fr;FR;fr_FR:fr:en_GB:en
French (Luxembourg);fr_LU@euro;fr;LU;
French (Switzerland);fr_CH;fr;CH;
Galician;gl_ES;gl;ES;gl:es
German (Belgium);de_BE@euro;de;BE;de_BE:de:en_GB:en
German (Germany);de_DE@euro;de;DE;de_DE:de:en_GB:en
German (Switzerland);de_CH;de;CH;de_CH:de;en_GB:en
Greek;el_GR;el;GR;
#X Hebrew;he_IL;he;IL;
Hungarian;hu_HU;hu;HU;
Irish;ga_IE;ga;IE;ga:en_IE
#X Icelandic;is_IS;is;IS;
Italian (Italy);it_IT@euro;it;IT;
Italian (Switzerland);it_CH;it;CH;
# Not sure which locale to select, the EUC-JP or the UTF-8 one.  Picked one at random.
# [pere 2003-09-06]
Japanese;ja_JP.EUC-JP;ja;JP;
# Could be both 'KR' (South) and 'KP' (North), but the locale is using
# 'KR' so we use it as the country.
# Not sure which locale to select, the EUC-KR or the UTF-8 one.  Picked one at random.
# [pere 2003-09-06]
Korean;ko_KR.EUC-KR;ko;KR;
Latvian;lv_LV;lv;LV;lv:ru:en
Lithuanian;lt_LT;lt;LT;lt:en
Northern Saami (Norway);se_NO;se_NO:se:nb_NO:nb:no_NO:no:nn_NO:nn:en_GB:en
Norwegian Bokmaal;no_NO;nb;NO;nb_NO:nb:no_NO:no:nn_NO:nn:da:sv:en_GB:en
Norwegian Nynorsk;nn_NO;nn;NO;nn_NO:nn:no_NO:no:nb_NO:nb:da:sv:en_GB:en
Polish;pl_PL;pl;PL;
Portuguese (Brazil);pt_BR;pt;BR;pt_BR:pt:pt_PT
Portuguese (Portugal);pt_PT;pt;PT;pt_PT:pt:pt_BR
Russian;ru_RU.KOI8-R;ru;RU;
Slovak;sk_SK;sk;SK;
Slovenian;sl_SI;sl;SI;sl_SI:sl:en_GB
Spanish (Spain);es_ES@euro;es;ES;
Spanish (Mexico);es_MX;es;MX;es_MX:es
Swedish (Finland);sv_FI;sv;FI;
Swedish (Sweden);sv_SE;sv;SE;
Turkish;tr_TR;tr;TR;
#
# List of translations for the language prompt
# The phrase to translate is
#   Choose this to proceed in <language> [<region/country>]
#
Arabic: (إختر Ù?Ù?Ù? Ù?تبدأ بأÙ?غة Ø£Ù?عربÙ?Ø© (Ø£Ù?عاÙ?Ù? Ø£Ù?عربÙ?
Bosnian: Izaberite ovu opciju kako bi ste nastavili na bosanskom
Catalan: Trieu aquesta opció per a continuar en català
Chinese (Simplified): é??æ?©æ­¤é¡¹å°?使ç?¨ç®?ä½?中æ??继续å®?è£?
Chinese (Traditional): é?¸æ??æ­¤é ?å°?使ç?¨ç¹?é«?中æ??ç¹¼çº?å®?è£?
Croatian: Odaberite ovo i pritisnite Enter kako bi nastavili na hrvatskom
Czech: Zvolte tuto možnost pro pokraÄ?ování v Ä?eÅ¡tinÄ?
Danish: Vælg dette for at fortsætte på dansk
Dutch (Belgium): Kies dit om in het Nederlands verder te gaan (België)
Dutch (The Netherlands): Kies dit om in het Nederlands verder te gaan (Nederland)
English (Australia): Choose this to proceed in English (Australia)
English (India): Choose this to proceed in English (India)
English (USA): Choose this to proceed in English (USA)
English (United Kingdom): Choose this to proceed in English (United Kingdom)
English (Ireland): Choose this to proceed in English (Ireland)
Esperanto: Elektu Ä?i tion por daÅ­rigi en Esperanto
Finnish: Valitse tämä jatkaaksesi suomeksi
French (Belgium): Choisissez ceci pour continuer en français (Belgique)
French (Canada): Choisissez ceci pour continuer en français (Canada)
French (France): Choisissez ceci pour continuer en français (France)
French (Luxembourg): Choisissez ceci pour continuer en français (Luxembourg)
French (Switzerland): Choisissez ceci pour continuer en français (Suisse)
Galician: Escolla isto para seguir en galego
German (Germany): Dies auswählen um auf Deutsch fortzufahren (Deutschland)
German (Belgium): Dies auswählen um auf Deutsch fortzufahren (Belgien)
German (Switzerland): Dies auswählen um auf Deutsch fortzufahren (Schweiz)
Greek: Î?Ï?ιλέξÏ?ε εδÏ? για να Ï?Ï?νεÏ?ίÏ?εÏ?ε Ï?Ï?α Î?λληνικά
Hebrew: Choose this to proceed in Hebrew
Hungarian: A magyart választottad.  Nyomd meg az Entert a folytatáshoz
Irish: Tóg seo a lean as Gaeilge
Icelandic: Choose this to proceed in Icelandic
Italian (Italy): Selezionare questa riga per l'italiano (Italia)
Italian (Switzerland): Selezionare questa riga per l'italiano (Svizzera)
Japanese: æ?¥æ?¬èª?ã?§è¨­å®?ã??è¡?ã??ã?«ã?¯ã??ã??ã??é?¸ã??ã?§ã??ã? ã??ã??
Korean: í??êµ­ì?´ë¥¼ ì? í??í??ì?¨ì?µë??ë?¤.  ê³?ì??í??려면 ì??í?°ë¥¼ ë??르ì?¸ì??
Latvian: IzvÄ?laties Å¡o lai turpinÄ?tu Latviski
Lithuanian: IÅ¡sirinkite Å¡iÄ? eilutÄ?, kad tÄ?sti lietuviÅ¡kai
Northern Saami (Norway): Vállje dán jos áiggot joatkit sámegillii (Norga)
Norwegian Bokmaal: Velg denne for å fortsette med norsk bokmål
Norwegian Nynorsk: Velg denne for å fortsette med norsk nynorsk
Polish: Wybierz tÄ? pozycjÄ? aby kontynuowaÄ? w jÄ?zyku polskim
Portuguese (Brazil): Selecione esta opção para prosseguir com o idioma Português (Brasil)
Portuguese (Portugal): Você selecionou o idioma Português (Portugal)
Russian: ЧÑ?обÑ? пÑ?одолжаÑ?Ñ? Ñ?абоÑ?Ñ? по-Ñ?Ñ?Ñ?Ñ?ки, вÑ?беÑ?иÑ?е Ñ?Ñ?Ñ? Ñ?Ñ?Ñ?окÑ?
Slovak: Zvoľte si túto možnosÅ¥, ak chcete používaÅ¥ slovenÄ?inu
Slovenian: Izberite to opcijo za nadaljevanje v slovenÅ¡Ä?ini. (Slovenija)
Spanish (Spain): Elija esta opción para continuar en español (España)
Spanish (Mexico): Elija esta opción para continuar en español (Mexico)
Swedish (Finland): Välj det här för att fortsätta på svenska (Finland)
Swedish (Sweden): Välj det här för att fortsätta på svenska (Sverige)
Turkish: Türkçe olarak devam etmek için seçiniz
#
#    Translators, if you are not familiar with the PO format, gettext
#    documentation is worth reading, especially sections dedicated to
#    this format, e.g. by running:
#         info -n '(gettext)PO Files'
#         info -n '(gettext)Header Entry'
#
#    Some information specific to po-debconf are available at
#            /usr/share/doc/po-debconf/README-trans
#         or http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/README-trans
#
#    Developers do not need to manually edit POT or PO files.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2003-11-18 19:22+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

#. Type: text
#. Description
#: ../templates:3
msgid "Debian installer main menu"
msgstr "Ø£Ù?Ù?ائÙ?Ø© Ø£Ù?رئÙ?سÙ?Ø© Ù?ترÙ?Ù?ب Ù?ظاÙ? دبÙ?اÙ?"

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../templates:9
msgid "Choose the next step in the install process:"
msgstr "إختر اÙ?خطÙ?Ø© اÙ?Ù?ادÙ?Ø©:"

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../templates:9
msgid "This is the main menu for the Debian installer."
msgstr "Ù?ذة Ø£Ù?Ù?ائÙ?Ø© Ø£Ù?رئÙ?سÙ?Ø© Ù?ترÙ?Ù?ب Ù?ظاÙ? دبÙ?اÙ?:"

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../templates:16
msgid "Choose an installation step:"
msgstr "إختر خطÙ?Ø© Ù?Ù?ترÙ?Ù?ب:"

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../templates:16
msgid ""
"This installation step depends on one or more other steps that have not yet "
"been performed."
msgstr "Ù?ذة اÙ?خطÙ?Ø© تعدÙ?د عÙ?Ù? خطÙ?اط أخرÙ? Ù?Ù? تÙ?Ù?Ø° بعد"

#. Type: text
#. Description
#: ../templates:22
msgid "Error running ${PACKAGE}"
msgstr "خطئ Ù?Ù? تÙ?Ù?Ù?Ø° ${PACKAGE}"

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../templates:26
msgid "Error"
msgstr "خطئ"

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../templates:26
msgid ""
"The following error or warning message was logged while running ${PACKAGE}:"
msgstr "Ø£Ù?خطئ اÙ?تاÙ?Ù? حصÙ? Ø®Ù?اÙ? تشغÙ?Ù? اÙ? ${PACKAGE}:"

#. Type: error
#. Description
#: ../templates:26
msgid "${ERROR}"