Re: *-di kernels break multi-kernel bootimage support.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 08:34:22PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > Am Don, den 18.12.2003 schrieb Thiemo Seufer um 17:59:
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > i just found that the new *-di kernel flavour puts its kernel image in
> > > /boot/vmlinu{x,z}. This breaks the support for building several boot
> > > images of the same type but with different kernels.
> > If I understand you right you want to have more than one kernel on the
> > same boot media, correct?
>
> No, I want to build two netboot images with different kernels
> (in the same dpkg-buildpackage run).

Building the netboot images in one step is one point, another one is
that it would be nice to have multiple boot kernels on the first CD
for mipsel. We need vmlinux-r3k-kn02 for the R3000-based systems and
vmlinux-r4k-kn04 for the R4000-based systems and it would be nice to
require only one boot CD for both.

Regards,
Karsten
--