Re: Maximum length for main menu titles : 58 characters?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> While testing the current netinst image, I saw that the french translation
> for the cdrom-detect module main menu entry was cut at 58 characters.

I can confirm this, but I think it's a bug in cdebconf or newt.

  >^^^^^^^^^^^^^> [?] Menu principal de l'installateur Debian >^^^^^^^^^^^^^>
  |                        Choisissez la prochaine                          |
  | Ceci est le menu principal de l'installateur Debian                     |
  |     Choose language                                                     |
  |     Start PC card services (PCMCIA)                                     |
  |     Load installer modules                                              |
  |     Test of making this as wide as I can...........................     |
  |     Exit installer demo                                                 |
  |     Reboot                                                              |
  |                                                        <Continuer>      |

Surely it's better to lose the large whitespace borders around the
select list when necessary than to truncate items on the list.

--
see shy jo