Re: [new-powermac] boot on hd but install does not recognize hd!

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 06:49:23PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I did  follow some recommendations  and boot on  a hfs partition  on the
> harddisk [powerbook 14" with Hitachi IC25N080 ATMR04-0 Media] by copiing
> files from gluck.
>
> Booting OK (with openfirmware).
> Start the installation OK.
> But impossible to partition the harddisk!?
>
> Does someone know if I have to pass some parameters to the kernel or so?
> Why does yaboot  can load the kernel from the hd,  then the kernel loads
> and start the installer but the installer can't see the harddisk?
>
> Thanks for your time,

This is woody, right? Do you have a CD in the drive when you boot?
There's some bug in the woody installer that prevents it from seeing
the hard drive on powerpc, if there is a CD in the drive when booting.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People