Re: dependency checking in copy-modules (linux-kernel-di)

Am Mon, den 20.10.2003 schrieb Joey Hess um 02:00:
> Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > I'm trying to make linux-kernel-di usable for arch!=i386.
> >
> > I first tried to understand the dependency checking code in
> > copy-modules, but it probably needs a degree in rocket-science to
> > understand that completely. But as far as I understood it, dependencies
> > are only checked based on module-deps which declares dependencies
> > between module-udebs. I didn't see any code that checks the actual
> > dependencies between the kernel-modules. So I asked myself why all this
> > dependency checking code is needed. Isn't it enough to declare these
> > dependency information in debian/control?
>
> Yes, moving all the information to one place is on my list of things to
> do, after letting it optionally build against an uninstalled kernel deb
> and getting it working with dpkg-cross. I think I've figured out most of
> what I want to do to make it support alpha, after I sit down and do the
> work for that, adding new arches should be relatively easy.
So I should probably just wait until you finished alpha, before working
on powerpc.
During my efforts to understand what copy-modules does (I think I
understand it now :-) ), I added some comments to the script. Can I
commit this improved version or are you working on copy-modules at the
moment?

gaudenz