New images build script - call for testing round 2

Hi,

I updated my branch (-r mrvn) again and its time for another round of
testing.

Take note of build/TODO, build/config/main (mirror setup) and
build/config/targets (what to build). You can leave it as it is unless
you want to grab the ~50MB partial mirror from somewhere nearer.

When you build check the output carefully for missing
pkg-lists/... and media-lists/... They don't stop the Makefile but
mean noone wrote a pgk-list for your arch yet. (see below)

I copied the existing pkg-lists around to the new places. So if it
works in the normal branch it should work here too, mostly.

If it doesn't build run "make -k; make -k 2>&1 | tee logfile" and send
it to me please.

What should work?
=================

i386 can build cdroms and floppies. Given woking udebs and debs they
should work.

powerpc should be able to build cdroms. floppies need some targets in
build/make/arch/linux-powerpc to make a bootable floppy.

All other archs need a complete build/make/arch/linux-arch overhaul.

Any non i386 arch will have some missing pkg-lists or media-lists.

What has changed?
=================

Supported images are now: (sizes on i386)

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          52M Oct 17 01:36 cdrom-base.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3.2M Oct 17 01:35 cdrom-boot.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          22M Oct 17 01:36 cdrom-udebs.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:33 floppy-boot.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-cdrom.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-initrd.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-net.img
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.5M Oct 17 01:34 floppy-scsi.img

cdrom-udebs and cdrom-base should work, cdrom-boot is probably
unusable due to its pkg-list.

floppy-boot is the first floppy and will ask for floppy-initrd (soon
to be named floppy-root). The rest is drivers.

root@dual:/d-i/build# du -k tmp/floppy-tree-*
1404    tmp/floppy-tree-boot
344     tmp/floppy-tree-cdrom
1312    tmp/floppy-tree-initrd
1024    tmp/floppy-tree-net
1148    tmp/floppy-tree-scsi

I used busybox-cvs-udeb on the floppy because busybox-cvs-floppy-udeb
has no find. Afaik that will be fixed tomorrow by an NMU.

The floppy-initrd fails with a mount error which I was told is also a
busybox problem and will be fixed.

Were to I configure what goes where? What are pkg-lists / media-lists?

Pkg-lists are what gets installed onto a ramdisk, media-lists is what
gets dumped onto a floppy directly as udeb or onto cdrom as partial
mirror (atm it just copies the mirror to cdrom).

>From those lists and the activated targets a list of needed udebs and
debs is genersted and those will be mirrored my "make mirror". The
list of udebs is saved to stamp/udebs-list whenever it changes and all
images depend on stamp/udebs-list. That means whenever you change any
of the pkg-lists/media-lists (udebs only for now) just type "make" to
rebuild.

On most archs those lists might be missing. Take a look at other lists
in the same dir and modify them for your arch if needed. If you find a
package in a common list unsuitable for your arch delete it there and
insert it into all other archs lists.

MfG
        Goswin