Re: Installation problem

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:26:35 -0400
denis@comtechservices.com wrote:

> Hello,

Hi

> I am running into a problem during installation - the initial part of
> the installation - where the system simply boots.  I am trying to
> install the Woody distro with a 2.4xx kernel.  (I can make the system
> install quite nicely with the 2.2.xxx kernels).

OK, just for the sake of solving your problem, why not do that then
install a 2.4 kernel image after at least the base is installed?

Hmm, if that 2.4 kernel image is the same as the 2.4 install kernel
you're trying to boot, seems like you'd get the same problem...

if that's the case, maybe you could install with 2.2 kernel and
include everything necessary to compile the kernel...

> Denis Lahaie

-Jim