Re: Cannot mount previously-initialized ext3 filesystem

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:04:13PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I'm not bothering to file a real bug about this unless someone tells me
> otherwise, because it's an odd case and we all want to get a stable release
> out the door.  But I'm sending a message here so that if it happens to be
> trivial to fix, someone will do it.
>
> I was testing s390 installation under Hercules.  Because the installer does
> not seem to currently support FBA disks, and that is what I must use due to
> a bug with ECKD disks, I had to initialize and mount my root filesystem
> manually.  This would not be a problem, except that dbootstrap doesn't
> recognize that I have done so.

Err, never mind.  After rebooting and trying again, I have a
/dev/dasd/0120/part1 which is now recognized as a useable partition on the
FBA device.  I don't know why it didn't work before, honestly.
So now I don't have to mess with mounting it by hand, and this doesn't
matter.

--
 - mdz