2.4.x kernel, pcmcia-cs, and boot-floppies

I'm trying to make some custom boot floppies for Woody with xfs support
and have managed to hack the package enough to make it work with one
exception.  When the installation reaches the point of installing the
base system it gets hung up on the installation of the pcmcia-cs package.
It can't install it because (I think) the version that is set to be included
by a woody install is actually the potato version which is not compatible with
the kernel 2.4.x module tree structure.  So, what I'm wondering is if there is
a way to override what version of pcmcia-cs gets installed with base from the
boot-floppies package.

Thanx,
Russ
--