Re: Add debootstrap to dependencies?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, David Kimdon wrote:

> > Something went wrong, debootstrap is not in the cvs control dependencies.
>
> hmm, sure looks like it is there to me.
>
> revs 1.75-1.77 (debian versions 3.0.10-3.0.14)
>
> Perhaps you are talking about dbootstrap, and not debootstrap.
> dbootstrap is part of boot-floppies, debootstrap is a stand alone
> package.

debootstrap is the one.  "make check" in 3.0.14 picked up the problem.
Once installed everything started to work.

>From boot-floppies control in cvs (yesterday)

Depends: dpkg-dev, gcc, glibc-pic, slang1-pic, libnewt-dev, libpopt-dev,
zlib1g-dev, recode, make, gettext, m4, debiandoc-sgml,
libi18n-langtags-perl, man-db, libpaperg, tetex-bin, tetex-extra, perl5,
libwww-perl, pointerize, libgd-dev, bison, ash, dpkg-awk, flex, file,
debhelper, gawk, console-data
Suggests: python-xml

from my ../dpkg/status (installed yesterday).

 debootstrap is used to create a Debian base system from scratch,
 without requiring the availability of dpkg or apt. It does this by
 downloading .deb files from a mirror site, and carefully unpacking them
 into a directory which can eventually be chrooted into.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org