Re: Debian-installer questions

Valery Febvre wrote:

> I have tested debian-installer last 5 days and I have severals
> questions:
>
> 2) Even if debian-installer downloads libraries (.udeb) at the begining
> of the compilation, it doesn't use them and uses system's librairies
> instead (with mklibs.sh)! Why?
> I had to install libdetect and pics librairies (only found linc6-pic and
> libslang-pic) on my system.

This is something I've been digging into, (I'm making a customized set of
boot-floppies with the 2.4.3 kernel and reiserfs).  mklibs.sh has a default
lib-path of /lib:/usr/lib.  Building the rootdisk, mklibs.sh is not called
with the path to the updated libraries.  mklibs.sh needs to be passed a -L
option with the path to the target libraries, and shouldnt even bother with
what's on the platform system.

--
Jon Franklin (yokkun@att.net)
http://yokkunlinux.hypermart.net