Re: slang, boot-floppies, and wide character support

> > I hope the maintainer of slang1, Jim Mintha, will provide it for us
> > as well as Enrique will do with newt.  But if it can not be done,
> > we'll need something to use.  So I'll prepare to work on slang1-utf8.
>
> I have been following the discussions.  I more than willing to help
> out, by adding the patch, etc.  My only problem is a complete lack of
> knowledge about utf stuff so I will probably need a bit of help with
> the testing of the package.
>
> I'll try to get it done tonight.

Okay, I have built the packages with the patch.  They seem to work
fine but I have no idea how to test the wide character support.  Could
some one try them out, or tell me how to go about that.

They are at:
http://www.ultralinux.org/slang/

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919