Re: OT: install from a live! cdrom

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> Joey, are there plans to support a broader range of tools on a live CD
> image with the new project? I never thought about it during all the
> discussion, but it would be nice to have a CD image that uses normal .deb
> tools (fileutils, vim, emacs for the insane, perhaps a compiler, a larger
> set of recovery tools, etc..).

You can look at http://www.demolinux.org/. The version 2 is based on
debian. It is a full running system from a live CD.

I often use such a CD when I want to show what is Debian/Linux, when
someone needs to work with Linux without installing it (with a laptop
borrowed during hollidays for example), or when I want lots of tools to
repair a crashed system.

  Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean                         tel + 33 4 72 72 85 47
Projet CNRS-INRIA ReMaP                 fax + 33 4 72 72 80 80