(no subject)

A lower case hello again.

I have a dell 933 MHZ , 128 Mb Rdram unit with two hard drives. one is loaded
with win 98, one is to be  dedicated to GNU/lLnux. Both are 45 GB drives.
Using win98 the drive letters are C and D.  System commander is installed. A
1 Gb root and 128 Mb swap partitions were made on the D drive.

Bought GNU 2.2. placed in CDROM  and seemed to install OK. Got to the boot
prompt and came to a dead end.

Rebooting shows the SC window with linux indicated but does not boot to
linux, jgive a message "possible defective boot record, normal boot signature
missing".

If I use the debian CDROM I get to the boot prompt. win98 boots OK.

sm