Re: building arm boot floppies - python error in dbootstrap/lang

On Fri 24 Nov, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 06:18:01PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > Now, when I do make release - When it gets to
> > boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/langs dir it compiles iconv.so OK and
> > then does:

> >  ./ver2.py 0 i386 langs.xml (I'm suspicous about that i386, but replacing
> > it with 'arm' doesn't affect the error and it does seem to have been
> > deliberately overridden- what is this about?) The result is;
> Well, this i386 is about the contents of *.src (*.xml) files.  So this
> needs only to be changed in case this set of boot floppies is being built
> for arm platform. :)  Actually, it's something that should be changed as
> soon as something reasonable appears in *.src files...

<snip>

>  But, it's only needed if we want lc on arm platform. :)

see below

>  What version of debian you are using, BTW?

2.2r0

> > Can I just skip this stuff as yet more language-specifc jiggery-pokery
> > that I almost certanly don't need?
> Hopefully so, and actually you should not see anything about langs
> directory if you have not set USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER=true in config file.

That's not true. As with the previous problem I mentioned (about bf-utf
libraries) even though I have USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER=false it still generates
iconv.so, dumper.pyc helpers.pyc, all the .xml files, lans.o and langs.c

If you could fix it so this didn't happen that would save some time where
LC-bootfloppies are not required.

Anyway. thanx to all for your help. I've finally got some RiscPC bootfloppies
built (only takes about 6 hours :-/ ). Now I just have to make them work
properly. I can see from the scripts that a fair amount of work is needed to
get proper ARM sub-arch support. I'll work on this and send in some patches
as soon as the present panic is over.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679