Re: &mdash in boot-floppies/documentation

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 01:38:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Yes. This brings us back to what I mention at the beggining of this
> > thread. Shoudn't the concerned file be adapted then ?
>
> I guess so.  Since we aren't likely (I don't think!) to get an updated
> debiandoc-sgml, can someone check to see whether we could perhaps
> define the mdash entity, when making HTML, to '-' or '--', perhaps in
> defaults.ent?
Well, my knowledge of SGML is not very solid, so I could be wrong, but AFAIK
just defining mdash somewhere in the document does not help, as those ISO
entities are processed earlier, and, as we all know, in SGML world the first
wins. :)

> If someone can get this fixed (I don't have time) and just commit it
> in CVS that would pretty much fix the problem.
Maybe we could wait a bit before Ardo pays some attention to #72550?

--
Misha