Re: Assembly

On Thursday 04 July 2002 08:40, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> What's the best book to learn 8086 assembly language?

I don't know if it's the best book available, but you could check out 'Art of
Assembly'. This book is published electronically and can be downloaded free
of charge. I think it contains a very good explanation on the principles of
assembly language. The version I downloaded a while ago has 1498 pages, so
happy reading!

The URL is: http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/Page_AoAWin/0_AoAHLA.html

Also, both Intel and AMD publish extensive reference guides on their
processors (which by definition should contain much the same information).
You can find these on the following url's:

Intel:          http://www.intel.com/design/PentiumIII/manuals/
AMD:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_875_7044,00.html

The most important advice I can give you is not to be overwhelmed by the sheer
size of these books. In total these three links point to over 6000 pages of
freely downloadable information! You can best start in 'Art of Assembly', but
the only way you can really learn assembly is to actually start programming.

Hope this helps.

Geert-Jan.