Re: Re Debian Pure Blend

Hi Bryan,

I've bounced your mail do debian-blends list.

Am Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 09:40:43PM -0500 schrieb Bryan Hammond:
> Hi Andreas
>
> I did as you suggested, and read almost all of the posts in
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-nonprofit/ I read slowly so it took a
> while.  Unless it was just that the key programmers who were involved from
> 2003 to sometime in 2006 just got too busy with other work to see it
> through, I don't know why it was dropped.  In Feb 2007 there were several
> posts about dropping that list, all agreeing with that, but several
> expressing some disappointment that it hadn't worked out. Benjamin Mako Hill
> wrote "I would love to see this project revived, but..."  I've copied names
> and email addresses for those who I think were most into the project, but
> before emailing to see if they'd consider reviving it, I'm wondering:
>
>  * when I finish a draft of my nonprofit peer-peer software proposal,
>    Where should I post it?  To the general mailing list for
>    submissions?______ debian-blends@lists.debian.org, which would be my
>    preference since more people might read and consider it, or
>    https://lists.debian.org/debian-nonprofit/ *______*

IMHO debian-nonprofit is more appropriate - may be you use that
list and keep debian-blends in CC.

>  * As is, it starts with a minor intro to the software's  use, then
>    over half a page makes the case as to WHY I think it is extremely
>    urgent to try to motivate the NGOs (and I include co-ops and unions)
>    of the world to communicate and cooperate to an unprecedented degree
>    - first among themselves, then in a coordinated and collective
>    outreach to the general public; then the HOW/WHAT - I suggest some
>    things I hope the software can help them accomplish.  I'm thinking
>    that sequence - 1) a minor intro, then 2) the "WHY"s of its urgency
>    due to worsening current world conditions, then 3) most "HOW and
>    WHAT" details following - would perhaps motivate more programmers to
>    consider, and conclude that it would be a very urgent and timely
>    Debian project worth working on. However, from something you wrote
>    previously, I'm wondering if you think I should put all the WHAT
>    details I'm advocating first, followed by the WHY's ?________
>  * Such a Pure Blend could not only serve that massive communication
>    process better than anything else I can think of, but give NGOs,
>    Co-ops, activist groups in general an extra incentive to make the
>    switch from Windows to Debian
>  * BTW my proposal, as is, is about 3-4 pages of 12 point text, with
>    add'l 2 pages of Endnotes (mainly links, and a few quotes).  Is that
>    too big to submit to a mailing list?_____

I think its best to put it online somewhere and link to its location.

>  There is just one more new paragraph, inserted about 1 screen down from
> here.
>
> Thanks for any help with this,

To say the truth I do not feel in the position to provide any measurable
help for your project.