Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 09:52:42AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> I don't have anything like a design for how that should look in my head
> though -- I guess interested parties should get together and come up
> with a design _before_ we start trying to implement it :-)

This sounds like you need someone with UX design experience to look at
this first, before you can actually implement things properly.

Perhaps this is something that could be posted as a "job" on the open
source design website? I've used them in the past to great effect for
the review interface of SReview, my video review system (we did a talk
about that process at FOSDEM 2019; you can see the video at
https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/open_source_design_in_trenches/)

You'd need someone who's willing and able to implement the required
changes to give feedback to the designer, and you'd need to commit to a
bit of time in order to do this properly (in my experience there were a
few iterations of back-and-forth improvements that did take some time to
get fleshed out), but I think the end result is worth it...

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}