Re: What Maintainer for ezgo?

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for another month delay.  On second/third/... many thoughts, it seems that I can not put much energy on this.  To avoid getting more troubles to you and the Debian teams, I decide to give up maintaining debian ezgo blends and maintain our own repository instead.

Of course it is welcomed if anyone interested in handling this blend.

Thanks,
Franklin

Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de> 於 2020年12月17日 週四 下午6:12寫道:
Hi Franklin,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 05:39:54PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:
> Sorry for forgetting to reply your last ping.

I admit I'm super happy about your current response. ;-)

> Currently all the work on ezgo packages are here:
> https://gitlab.com/franklin1/debian-ezgo-temp
> I used to send a mail asking you about removing all the current content on
> debian blend and replaced by the contents of my current working repository
> (i.e., moving back from gitlab to ezgo).  But it's been a long time ago (at
> least one year before but I didn't go finding it out).
>
> In the gitlab working repository I've updated it, preparing for ezgo15.

Would you mind to work on

    https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/ezgo

This is where *official* Blends are maintained and where you can get help
from the Blends team.

> About ezgo-phet which is the PhET offline package, which we recommend a lot
> but IIRC you said I couldn't put it in ezgo blends, I created another
> repository here: https://gitlab.com/franklin1/ezgo-phet

If I remember correctly it just does not belong into the *metapackages*
that where created by the ezgo source package.  Its perfectly fine to
create a separate source and binary package ezgo-phet and in the
metapackage add a dependency from this.  But you should do that *right
now* to not miss the deadline for the freeze for Debian 11.

> Not sure what I should do next.  I'll highly appreciate for your advices.

Create a packaging repository for

     https://salsa.debian.org/???/ezgo-phet.git

and package ezgo-phet there.  The '???' are intentional since I have
no idea where the best place might be.  There is always

     https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ezgo-phet.git

but I'd rather put those packages under team maintenance.  So the
question is whether we should ask Salsa admins to create ezgo-team.
That would make sense if you plan to provide more ezgo specific
packages.  We have such teams for every other Blend so that would make
perfectly sense - if and only if you would maintain your packages there.

> Regards, Franklin

Kind regards and thanks for your work on ezgo

       Andreas.