Re: Debian Med Homepage - maybe all blends as "blendname".debian.net ?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:56 PM Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 02:42:18PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > I propose to give all blends a blendname.debian.net address. Would that
> > be reasonable? med.debian.net for us, I  mean.

debian.net domains are a bit problematic if the domain owner goes MIA
so I'd suggest to avoid using them for non-personal things.

> > I personally also prefer the .net as being more inviting to
> > the derivative distributions of Debian.

I think distributions that are intended as derivatives should not use
debian.net   as that would lead to confusion about them being part of
Debian or not.

> I'd vote for blendname.debian.org.

This would mean an RT ticket for DSA for every new blend, I'd like to
avoid that so I would echo Ole's proposal of blends.d.o/med.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise