Re: State of Debian blends, notes and questions on debian-ezgo
- To: Andreas Tille <email@example.com>
- Cc: Jonas Smedegaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian Pure Blends List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: State of Debian blends, notes and questions on debian-ezgo
- From: shirish शिरीष <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 04:41:36 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] CADdDZRkmejn9u3t=1GguACq95V56x0t-KihBw050u7K27_jP=Q@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <CADdDZR=rAp1dgWW+0Yj_5bk4Aa05p_mgbjjL=OJJswLYgVhGDg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADtxYXZPHPseOjMPcfnsj3RsiAKjP68=LiCSu3XU9r4QcCBcRQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADtxYXak6OAuiLr_jA11-6uaDV4m1cnOhcDztaw_Yva8uGVeDg@mail.gmail.com> <CADdDZR=Yt5yfzgE8qrxsewAU18F7tMxQpZ-QdUmrOWDT2mDWwQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
at bottom :-
On 15/02/2019, Andreas Tille <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:52:38AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Quoting Andreas Tille (2019-02-15 08:50:44)
>> > From the beginning I disliked that name since I considered it
>> > misleading but I lost a vote with other contributors and had no better
>> > name suggestion myself. You will not believe how hard I had to fight
>> > against this misleading name (those who invented the name drifted soon
>> > after to other projects ;-P ). In 2008 I lost my nerves and decided
>> > to rename again. BTW, my prefered name again was not the choice we
>> > have now but I think it is way better than Custom Debian
>> > Distributions. The only common thing is that the vote was also quite
>> > dominated by non-contributors. ;-P
>> Thanks for the backstory, Andreas.
>> I am to blame for the current name.
> Its not really that I blame you about. It was my second favourite
> suggestion and I can perfectly live with it. I'm blaming others
> (definitely not you) to show up for the only purpose to decide on a name
> and than vanish. (All people who keep on reading after so many years
> are clearly not vanished so non of the readers of this mail are to be
> blamed. ;-) )
>> Nowadays I don't use MoinMoin myself any longer, but the Debian wiki is
>> a huge task to convert to anything else.
> I do not think that the technique itself is the reason that lots of
> outdated information is in our Wiki. Its the fact that people
> (including me) do not really care about documentation.
> Kind regards
I have been more than a bit distracted lately, with work, events
everything just piling one after other. , 
I could have been part of Debutsav but then this task would have been
pushed back for even longer  .
Hence am back now. I would probably start writing tonight on the
subject. I have already made some efforts but still there are lots
more to go. For instance I believe (and I might have shared before) ,
it would be nice if each blend has its own theme and wallpaper. I have
talked to some design people about it who might contribute, I just
need to point to the resources once I sort of clean up the whole
I would be looking at the blends manual in more detail to see if I can
get some more info. and can make only suggestions if that's ok .
1. https://itsfoss.com/author/shirish/ [one published, 3 more to go]
Let me know if there is something more that you would like me to add
to the article.
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल
My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A 2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8