Re: Comments regarding blends_0.7.0_amd64.changes

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 09:19:10AM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Hi Ole,
>
> > There was already a short discussion about this with Torsten Alteholz
> > (ftp-master@d.o) and Bastian Blank (waldi) a month ago; see
> >
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2018/05/msg00000.html
> >
> > for the thread. The python3-blends package is a (first version of) a
> > Python package that may deal with Blends -- to be used by blends-dev,
> > but in future also to generate the Blends webpages (and maybe other
> > uses). Depending on our experiences and further development, it would be
> > a candidate to be included in python3-debian.
> >
> > So the idea is to keep it separate and to follow the Python policy in
> > naming, directory layout etc. Making things modular is IMO a good thing.
>
> I'll leave this with Thorsten and Bastien; I was merely re-forwarding
> the message as I was given the impression it was lost. :)

Thanks Chris for steping in here.  I'd like to ask again for the point
of this kind of checks that are not related to licensing and copyright.
Its just about modularising code which we as the developers consider an
enhancement.  It us definitely helpful to have another pair of eyeballs
doing some sanity checks.  However, it is not motivating for developers
after answering the question of ftpmaster to get no answer for one
month.

The lack of the new features of blends-dev is currently blocking further
changes in the Blends metapackages.  It would really help if you either
reject if you do not agree with the given answers or accept the package.

Sorry for nagging - I learned your inbox is quite flooded and I hope
I do not sound impatient.

Kind regards and in any case thanks for your work as ftpmaster