Re: Non-normalised field Provides in UDD table

Hi Ole,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 04:56:25PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> I extended the queries to allow multiple (and even versionized) provides.

Cool.

> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> >
> > Yes.  The package filo is missing and bedtools provides it.  That's a
> > hint to fix the tasks file to not mention packages that are replaced.
>
> .... and replaces it, as seen from the other task. In principle, this
> could be implemented in blend-gen-control (even independent of whether
> APT or UDD is used); blends.py's uddcache would just need an extension
> to return the "replaces" as well.
>
> I would however leave this for future.

Perfectly fine for me.

> > I have not checked the code again (and lacking the time in the next
> > hours).  But I once specified to the GSoC student that if the package
> > name has a version number and that package name is not found to replace
> > that number by '%' and seek for a match.  Here you see the result.  It
> > usually happens with library packages if the ABI version is appended to
> > the package name (even if tasks should not really specify library
> > packages but rather the lib*-dev package but as we have seen in the
> > libodil0-dev case sometimes these have versions as well).  The
> > libodil0-dev package would have matched both tests (Provides and replace
> > version number by %).
>
> This is a bit more difficult; and I would leave this out of the normal
> package.

I agree that this is possibly not needed in the process to create
d/control.  However, having some kind of QA tool for the tasks files
that can be run at some point in time and will uncover such things would
be really cool.