Re: blends-doc Appendix B

Hello, thank for the hint to debconf,

but I am still failing to reproduce this at home:

> [...]
> if [ ! -f debian/changelog ] ; then \
>     echo "File debian/changelog is missing. Something is wrong!" ; \
>     exit -1 ; \
> fi
> if [ "" = "" ] ; then \
>     echo "Unable to obtain version number from debian/changelog. Something is wrong!" ;
> \ exit -1 ; \
> fi ;
> Unable to obtain version number from debian/changelog. Something is wrong!
> /bin/sh: 3: exit: Illegal number: -1
> /usr/share/blends-dev/rules:74: recipe for target 'get-orig-source' failed
> make[1]: *** [get-orig-source] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/andrew/cucumber/cucumber-retry'
> /usr/share/blends-dev/Makefile:61: recipe for target 'dist' failed
> make: *** [dist] Error 2
> andrew@a68n:~/cucumber/cucumber-retry$ apropos dch
> FcCharSetAddChar (3) - Add a character to a charset
> FcPatternAdd-Type (3) - Add a typed value to a pattern
> ordchr (3am)         - convert characters to strings and vice versa
> podchecker (1)       - check the syntax of POD format documentation files
> tcpdchk (8)          - tcp wrapper configuration checker
> andrew@a68n:~/cucumber/cucumber-retry$ apt-cache search dch
> 3dchess - Play chess across 3 boards!
> git-buildpackage - Suite to help with Debian packages in Git repositories
> gtk2-engines-magicchicken - Magic Chicken themes for GTK+ 2.x
> libghc-boundedchan-dev - bounded (maximum-limited) channels
> libghc-boundedchan-doc - bounded (maximum-limited) channels; documentation
> libghc-boundedchan-prof - bounded (maximum-limited) channels; profiling libraries
> irda-utils - IrDA management and handling utilities
> libgdchart-gd2-noxpm - Generate graphs using the GD library
> libgdchart-gd2-noxpm-dev - Generate graphs using the GD library (development version)
> libgdchart-gd2-xpm - Generate graphs using the GD library
> libgdchart-gd2-xpm-dev - Generate graphs using the GD library (development version)
> postgresql-contrib-9.4 - additional facilities for PostgreSQL
> python-gdchart2 - Python OO interface to GDChart
> python-gdchart2-doc - Python OO interface to GDChart - docs
> dchroot - Execute commands in a chroot environment
> dchroot-dsa - Execute commands in a chroot environment
> schroot - Execute commands in a chroot environment
> schroot-dbg - schroot, dchroot and dchroot-dsa debugging symbols
> stymulator - Curses based player and converter for the YM chiptune format
> ubuntu-dev-tools - useful tools for Ubuntu developers
> golang-github-dchest-cssmin-dev - Go package to minify CSS
> golang-github-dchest-safefile-dev - Implements safe "atomic" saving of files for Go
> golang-golang-x-text-dev - Supplementary Go text-related libraries
> postgresql-contrib-9.5 - additional facilities for PostgreSQL
> postgresql-contrib-9.6 - additional facilities for PostgreSQL
> x2gobroker-loadchecker - X2Go Session Broker (load checker service)
> devscripts - scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier

I simply have no idea, where to find 'dch', and where is 'debuild' to make the binary ?

> to build the source tarball. This tarball has to be moved to a location where the
> metapackages will be built. Unpack the tarball there and start the build process using
> for instance
>
> ~> debuild

It is not podchekcker:

> andrew@a68n:~/cucumber/cucumber-retry/debian$ podchecker changelog
> changelog does not contain any pod commands.

So it helps a bit, if Tille builds the source-tarball for me, but not very much,
obviously I need to know how to do it myself in detail.

Greetings.

A.