Re: blends-doc Appendix B

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 11:12:02AM +0100, Andreas Glaeser wrote:
> but I am still failing to reproduce this at home:
>
> > andrew@a68n:~/cucumber/cucumber-retry$ make dist
> > rm -f debian-cucumber-tasks.desc debian/control
> > make -f debian/rules get-orig-source
> > make[1]: Entering directory '/home/andrew/cucumber/cucumber-retry'
> > parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l2): found eof where expected
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You seem to insist to use your debian/changelog that is broken in
several ways.  Please use the fixed one I've sent here.

> I simply have no idea, where to find 'dch', and where is 'debuild' to make the binary ?

Please read some basic information how to create Debian packages.  This
is the wrong list here, sorry.

> > to build the source tarball. This tarball has to be moved to a location where the
> > metapackages will be built. Unpack the tarball there and start the build process using
> > for instance
> >
> > ~> debuild
>
> It is not podchekcker:
>
> > andrew@a68n:~/cucumber/cucumber-retry/debian$ podchecker changelog
> > changelog does not contain any pod commands.
>
> So it helps a bit, if Tille builds the source-tarball for me, but not very much,
> obviously I need to know how to do it myself in detail.

I simply fixed the bugs in your files and proved that it works as
described in the doc by following it and sending the result.  My
impression is that you urgently need to read some basic packaging
documentation before trying to create a Blend.