Re: blends-doc Appendix B

Hi Andreas,

[CCing since I'm not sure whether you are subscribed to the list]

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 07:28:45PM +0200, Andreas Glaeser wrote:
> Tille's talk at DebConf13 actually informed me, that what I need is a
> metapackage, i.e. my favourite debian-packages would make up a pure-blend.
>
> So this is actually exactly, what I tried:

Could you please make your files available somewhere to check what might
went wrong?

> > > andrew@a68n:~/cucumber$ make -f debian/rules get-orig-source
> > > parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l2): found eof where expected
> > > first heading parsechangelog/debian: error: fatal error occurred while parsing
> > > debian/changelog dpkg-parsechangelog: error: changelog
> > > parser /usr/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian gave error exit status 255 make

This does not sound good ...

> Although I have the simplest case, without any menus or users, this is not working,
> unclear to me is for instance:
>
> > Please note that the file debian/control is and has to be a symbolic link to
> > control.stub to let the blends-dev tools work.
>
> I edited control.stub before:
>
> > ~> cp -a /usr/share/doc/blends-dev/examples/debian .
> > ~> cat debian/README
> > ~> edit debian/control.stub
>
> And in the debisn/rules there is no _BLEND_ contained.

It would be really helpful to see your files, thought.

> debian-cucumber-base (0.1), stable; urgency=low
>
> * initial draft created of cucumber-base metapackage for 32-bit systems
>
> Andreas Glaeser <mailbox@irregulaire.info>  Tue, 25 Oct 2016

I'm not sure whether a Blend is sensible if you only want to create a
*single* metapackage with only an few dependencies.