Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi Akshita,

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 03:19:44AM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:

> > > I admit I'm not very proud upon this since it looks a bit mixed but for
> > > the sake of comparison it makes sense if you may be also simply use the
> > > original query (or at least the ordering.
> >
> > Ok. So, initially I was using the already prepared queries - qurey_pkgs,
> > query_new and now query_vcs as it is (without changing anything). Still
> > there was a difference in Version and Archs of the tasks files that were
> > generated from tasks_udd.py and tasks.py files. I'll recheck if I've missed
> > something and let you know/
>
> The order of releases in versions and archs for debian-med tasks file: 1)
> deployed [0], 2) created from tasks.py (in my system) and 3) created from
> tasks_udd.py (ordering by 'sort') - all seem to be different.
>
> Eg: task : bio in debian-med
>
> package :Abacas
> --------------------------
>
> 1) For deployed debian-med tasks html page [0]:
>
> wheezy
> jessie
> stretch
> sid
>
> 2) For debian-med tasks file created from tasks.py:
>
> Release    Version    Architectures
> wheezy    1.3.1-1    all
> sid    1.3.1-2    all
> stretch    1.3.1-2    all
> jessie    1.3.1-2    all

That's definitely *wrong* (and I wonder why it is different from the
deployed page.

> 3) For debian-med tasks file created from tasks_udd.py:
>
> Release    Version    Architectures
> wheezy    1.3.1-1    all
> jessie    1.3.1-2    all
> stretch    1.3.1-2    all
> sid    1.3.1-2    all

Looks the same as 1).

> Package: bwa
> ---------------------
>
> 1) For deployed debian-med tasks html page:
>
> Release    Version    Architectures
> squeeze    0.5.8c-1
> amd64,armel,i386,ia64,kfreebsd-amd64,kfreebsd-i386,mips,mipsel,powerpc,s390,sparc
> wheezy    0.6.2-1
> amd64,armel,armhf,i386,ia64,kfreebsd-amd64,kfreebsd-i386,mips,mipsel,powerpc,s390,s390x,sparc
> sid    0.6.2-1    hurd-i386
> jessie    0.7.10-1    amd64
> stretch    0.7.12-4    amd64
> sid    0.7.12-4    amd64,kfreebsd-amd64

Thats an artefact from a remaining hurd-i386 build.
However, it shows that my initial orderin is

   ORDER BY version, release

> 2) For debian-med tasks file created from tasks.py:
>
> Release    Version    Architectures
> sid    0.7.12-4    amd64,kfreebsd-amd64
> sid    0.6.2-1    hurd-i386
> wheezy    0.6.2-1
> amd64,armel,armhf,i386,ia64,kfreebsd-amd64,kfreebsd-i386,mips,mipsel,powerpc,s390,s390x,sparc
> squeeze    0.5.8c-1
> amd64,armel,i386,ia64,kfreebsd-amd64,kfreebsd-i386,mips,mipsel,powerpc,s390,sparc
> jessie    0.7.10-1    amd64
> stretch    0.7.12-4    amd64

That's also totally wong (looks like random order)

> 3) For debian-med tasks file created from tasks_udd.py:
>
> Release    Version    Architectures
> squeeze    0.5.8c-1
> amd64,armel,i386,ia64,kfreebsd-amd64,kfreebsd-i386,mips,mipsel,powerpc,s390,sparc
> wheezy    0.6.2-1
> amd64,armel,armhf,i386,ia64,kfreebsd-amd64,kfreebsd-i386,mips,mipsel,powerpc,s390,s390x,sparc
> jessie    0.7.10-1    amd64
> stretch    0.7.12-4    amd64
> sid    0.7.12-4    amd64,kfreebsd-amd64
> sid    0.6.2-1    hurd-i386

Is basically what we want.  I'm tempted to suggest the following:

   if version_of_arch_hurd-* != version_of_arch_amd64:
       throw_away_the version_of_arch_hurd-* entry

This just spoils the output.  (BWA is 64 bit only and should be removed
from hurd-i386 anyway - I hope I'll remember to do so.)

> For some reason, the order of releases is not same even for the deployed
> html tasks files and tasks files created from tasks.py for debian-med
> (task: bio). What is the expected order of releases ? Is it to be ordered
> by 'sort' or by 'version, releases' ? Currently, tasks_udd.py orders
> releases based on 'sort' field.

May be for the moment we use

     version, release

ordering to have the same as the deployed site.  In most cases it should
be the same.  I have no idea why your local builds are different.