[GSoC] Todo list

Hi,

Currently, apart from the main GSoC project, the tasks at hand are:

Task 1:

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:07:40PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:

> As you suggested, I would like to work on the warming up task of importing
> the Registration and Donation fields from debian/upstream/metadata into UDD
> and injecting the rendering into the current tasks.py. It will also help me
> in my actual task.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

If you checkout UDD code from Git[1] you could do
   ./update-and-run.sh blends-prospective

In this process the set of metadata is unpacked on
your machine and you can see by the following command:
   grep -e Registration -e Donation /srv/udd.debian.org/mirrors/machine-readable/*/*.upstream
several upstream metadata files do just contain the Registration and
Donation information.

How to proceed with the upstream metadata in your case:  Probably you
need to create a new table for the metadata and probably it makes sense
to accept all keys declared at the Wiki page that defines this file[5].
I'm a bit uncertain whether it is a good idea to keep the references in
a separate table.  While I tend to say that we leave it as is and keep
only the other fields in a separate table it somehow conflicts with the
logic to have one store for one type of data.  On the other hand we
have some applications that rely on the separate bibref table and this
comes quite handy.  What do you think about this?

[1] ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-qa/udd.git
[5] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

Task 2: