Re: [GSoC] Adding information to UDD and inject the rendering to tasks,py

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Akshita,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:07:40PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> As you suggested, I would like to work on the warming up task of importing
> the Registration and Donation fields from debian/upstream/metadata into UDD
> and injecting the rendering into the current tasks.py. It will also help me
> in my actual task.
>
> It would be great if you could help me get started on this.

I'd like to try some hints which I hope to be helpful.  I just "hope"
since for somebody who is more familiar with UDD I migth assume things
to be clear which are actually not.  So feel free to bother me with
more detailed questions.

If you checkout UDD code from Git[1] you could do

   ./update-and-run.sh blends-prospective

which updates machine metadata from several Blends teams.

I cloned the git repo, using:
   git clone git://git.debian.org/collab-qa/udd.git  udd.debian.org
as I did not have the permission to ssh.

After that, I tried to run the " ./update-and-run.sh blends-prospective", but I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/udd.debian.org//udd.py", line 56, in <module>
    udd.aux.lock(config, src)
  File "/srv/udd.debian.org/udd/aux.py", line 49, in lock
    f = file(lock_path, "w+")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/srv/udd.debian.org/locks/blends-prospective'

What do I have to do to solve this error ?

Regards,
Akshita